Awards and Recognition: Distinguished Alumni Award Criteria
Sunday, June 7, 2015
The Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Alumni Award is given to alumni of the College who, through exceptional achievement, have demonstrated the distinct principles derived from a liberal arts and sciences education.
Ideal candidates must:
- Be a graduate of the College of Arts and Sciences at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Have achieved significant recognition or accomplishment in their chosen field (business, academic, military/government, the arts, etc.), community service or University service.
- Be able to accept the award in person and participate in the award recipient panel discussion at the College of Arts and Sciences Annual Awards Dinner.
Nature of the Award
The award carries with it a:
- Travel reimbursement of up to $1,000 for a roundtrip coach ticket, car service to and from Bloomington, or other appropriate travel expenses
- Complimentary room at the Indiana Memorial Union Biddle Hotel for two nights
- Framed certificate that will match the award winner's diploma
- Seat at the Executive Dean's head table
- Complimentary table for 10 guests at the Annual Alumni Awards Dinner
The application process is simple and open to all. We encourage you to nominate someone you know for this honor.
Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences
Office of Advancement
Alumni Awards Program
Owen Hall 305C
790 E Kirkwood Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-7101
Exclusions from Eligibility
Members of the College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Board, current faculty and staff of the College of Arts and Sciences at Indiana University are not eligible to receive this award. The College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Association Board reserves the right to reassign categories of nomination if deemed necessary.
Screening and Selection
Eligible nominations are screened and selected by the College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Board. Award selections will be made in late-June. Those candidates who are offered the award but are unable to accept it in the current year will automatically be offered the award for the following year.
Nominees not selected will be held over for reconsideration for two additional years. If necessary, rollover nominations must be modified to fit within current guidelines/award criteria.
Immediately upon selection, award recipients, nominator(s) and award recipientsí department chair(s) or program director(s) will be notified by the College of Arts and Sciences Executive Dean or appropriate representative in early July. Recipient names will be made public after individual award recipients have agreed to accept the award.