Director of Development – Major Gifts and Corporate & Foundation Relations
Direct: (812) 856-3360
FAX: (812) 856-1105
Master of Science (Higher Education Administration) - Indiana University – Bloomington, IN
Bachelor of Arts Cum Laude (Organizational Communication) - Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN
- A strong commitment to building successful external relations programs in higher education.
- Demonstrated success in the design and development of new and innovative programs.
- Demonstrated success in grant-writing and fund-raising efforts.
- Continued professional development in principles and techniques of fund raising at The Fundraising School at Indiana University’s Center on Philanthropy, in leadership and community development via Leadership Bloomington, and in entrepreneurship support at the Edward Lowe Foundation
- Service as an Executive Board Member with Bloomington (IN) Rotary and with Theatre Circle at Indiana University. Chair of the Family Selection Team for Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County and leadership with the Strategic Planning Task Force for First United Methodist Church in Bloomington.
Sue Sgambelluri joined the Office of Advancement for Indiana University’s College of Arts & Sciences in April 2003 as the College’s first Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations. As part of a strategic plan for development efforts within the College, this new position was designed to allow the office to more effectively identify and pursue partnerships with corporations and foundations throughout the country. In January 2010, Sue accepted an additional role as Director of Development – Major Gifts for the College and now works closely with our alumni and friends in securing support for the work of our faculty and students.
Sgambelluri first joined the University in 1992 as an Assistant Director in Career Services. During her tenure with the Career Development Center, she was ultimately promoted to Associate Director – a role in which she collaborated with staff in the Chancellor’s Office in establishing the campus-wide Career Planning & Placement Task Force. With this group, Sgambelluri led teams of career planning professionals in designing and administering programs and research projects including a first-ever survey examining corporate perceptions of Indiana University and the recruiting experience here. As a senior level administrator in the Division of Student Affairs, she also served as Special Assistant to the Dean for Development.