Most students naturally become part of the community of students from their own country. That community will provide you a home away from home. Your academic department will also place you in a cohort of students sharing your academic interest.
However, Indiana University offers many other opportunities to socialize with people outside of those two communities. International Center acts a home base for getting oriented to the community. Others ways to meet new people and practice your English are to consider sharing housing with an English speaker, or to join a club or take part in an intramural sport. Click on the boxes for more information on just some of the social opportunities available on campus.
- Leo R. Dowling International Center
- Bloomington Worldwide Friendship
- Graduate and Professional Student Organization
- Student Associations at IU
- Residential Programs and Services
- City Newspaper Rental Listings
- IU Student Newspaper Rental Listings