Graduate Student Record Changes
The College Graduate Office monitors and approves the following graduate record forms. With the exception of the Pass/Fail Option form and the Late Drop/Add form, forms are available in department offices. eDrop is now available via the OneStart system.
- Application to Change from a Single to a Double Major
- Application for Transfer of Department
- Appointment of Advisory Committee – Apply Online
- Removal of "I" (Incomplete) or "R" (Deferred) Grade
- Request for Change of Advisory Committee Member(s)
- Request for Simultaneous Degrees
- Request for Status Change (examples: Special to M.A. or M.A. to Ph.D.)
- Request for Transfer of Graduate Credit
- Request to Substitute English for a Foreign Language
Academic Probation and Termination
The Associate Dean for Graduate Education reviews departmental requests regarding academic probation, check-listing, and termination. After reviewing the department’s recommendation, the dean may place a student on academic probation when the student’s grade point average falls below 3.0 or when the student fails to make sufficient progress toward the degree. The dean notifies the student by letter and places the student on the academic checklist. If the student fails to demonstrate sufficient progress within the next semester, the department may request dismissal. If the dean approves, the graduate division notifies the student by letter.