STARS & IFLE Undergraduate Research Programs
Immerse yourself in research at IU.
- Gateway into scientific discovery beginning freshman year
- Mentoring by renowned IU faculty
- Independent research projects
- Research presentation experience
- Hands-on use of state-of-the art equipment and facilities
- Mastery of lab techniques
- Development of scientific-writing skills
- Exposure to cutting-edge research in multiple disciplines
- Excellent preparation for science careers and graduate school
- Eligible for direct admission into your major
Integrated Freshman learning Experience (IFLE)
A six-week summer research experience prior to freshman year followed by a year-long research-based honors course integrating biology, biochemistry, and neuroscience.
Science, Technology, and Research Scholars (STARS)
Undergraduate research program offering four years of faculty-mentored research experience in all science disciplines.