Undergraduate Programs & Activities
Undergraduate Research Programs
Research experiences teach you to consider how the materials in textbooks are discovered. They teach you the value of skepticism and the importance of asking questions. Learning how to analyze situations rigorously is a skill that has helped me tremendously both in and out of the classroom.
Through my experience in STARS and IFLE, I have gained lab skills, presentation skills, and analytical thinking skills. Now that I am finishing the research process with the publication of a paper, I have seen the entire research process and understand the persistence that is required to make a meaningful contribution to a field of science.
- Integrated Freshman learning Experience (IFLE)
A six-week summer research experience prior to freshman year followed by a year-long research-based honors course integrating biology, biochemistry, and neuroscience.
- Science, Technology, and Research Scholars (STARS)
Undergraduate research program offering four years of faculty-mentored research experience in all science disciplines.
- Summer REU Programs in Science Departments
Looking for a summer research experience? Perhaps you can find what you are looking for among one of the many REU programs offered at IU.
- Undergraduate Service Learning Courses
- Training for Research and Academic Careers in Communication Sciences (TRACCS)
Six-week intensive summer research program for minority
Undergraduate/Graduate Clubs & Organizations
- Anthropology Club
- Biology Club
- Biotechnology Club
- Chemistry Organizations
- College Luminaries Program
- IU Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- IU Science Outreach Society (SOS)
- Multicultural Outreach Recruitment Educators (MORE)
- National Student Speech Language Hearing Association
- Operation Smile
- Physics Club
- Primatology Club
- Psychology/Neuroscience Club
- Sigma Gamma Epsilon
- Society of Economic Geologists
- Student Organization for Cognitive Science (SOCS)
- Undergraduate Research at IU Journal Club