To apply to STARS and/or IFLE, students must first apply to Indiana University and have the completed IU application on file by November 1. Once admitted, students who are academically eligible will receive an invitation to complete a Selective Scholarship Application (SSA). Competitive applicants for the SSA will have a minimum SAT score of 1350 (Critical Reading and Math) or an ACT score of 31 (Composite) in addition to a minimum GPA of 3.800 on a 4.0 scale or a rank within the top 10% of their graduating class.
To be considered for STARS and/or IFLE, the SSA must be completed with the box checked indicating your interest in STARS and/or IFLE. The Selective Scholarship Applications are the only applications used to select STARS and IFLE participants.
- November 1 – Deadline to submit IU application to be considered for SSA.
- December 15 – Deadline to submit SSA with STARS and/or IFLE box checked.
- January 15 – Deadline for submission of SSA recommendation letters.
Note: Students who are interested in STARS and/or IFLE and who do not receive an invitation to complete an SSA may petition for the opportunity to complete an SSA by sending an email request to coassci indiana.edu. The deadline for this petition is December 1.
- February - Finalists selected and notified
- March - Finalists interviews
- March - STARS offers with final mentor selections made
- April 25 - Decision deadline for STARS offer acceptance
- March – IFLE offers made
- April – IFLE Campus Visit Days (optional), dates to be determined
- April 25 – Decision deadline for IFLE offer acceptance