IFLE Undergraduate Research Program
Integrated Freshman Learning Experience
IFLE integrates the study and research in biology, biochemistry and neuroscience in two unique phases.
Phase 1: Summer Research
June 23 – August 1, 2014
- Become part of a research lab at IU for six weeks before college begins, choosing a lab that matches your interests.
- Work on an independent project with mentoring from faculty and graduate students.
- Learn to present your research in written and oral presentation form.
- Gain exposure to ongoing research and IU facilities through tours and talks.
- Learn your way around campus
- Summer housing in an IU dorm along with a meal plan are provided at no cost
Phase 2: Academic Freshman Year Research-based Honors Course
- Eight-credit course includes lectures with corresponding lab components
- Three modules proceed from genes to proteins to cellular systems.
- Inquiry-based format engages students through group experiments.
Note: Participation in both phases is required.