When you declare a major in the College, you will be assigned an academic advisor who specializes in your area of study to guide you through your academic experience and help you:
- Identify your academic and career goals
- Develop an academic plan to build the skills and knowledge necessary to reach your goals
- Select and enroll in classes appropriate for your plan
- Understand academic policies and procedures
- Learn to use the academic tools available to you, such as the College of Arts and Sciences Bulletin, the degree map for your major, and your Academic Advisement Report, and complementary tools like the B.A. Degree Planning Worksheet.
- Connect with academic support services
- Integrate co-curricular opportunities such as internships, study abroad, student organizations, and undergraduate research into your plan