All of the majors below are available in the College of Arts and Sciences, along with many more – from Physics to Philosophy, from Musical Theater to Astronomy. The College offers a great range of academic opportunities.
College Schools & Departments
For those who like puzzles and analysis:
- Game Design
- Computational Linguistics
- Geography (GIS and Remote Sensing)
For those interested in applied science:
- Environment and Sustainability Studies (jointly with SPEA)
- Speech, Hearing and Language Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
Economics majors can become market research analysts, tapping the knowledge of industry trends to assess how products or services might fare under various economic conditions. Statistics majors find employment as account managers, researchers, actuaries, financial analyst, and venture capitalists.
For those who have an artistic eye:
- Comprehensive Design
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
For those who see themselves in the world of global communications:
- Media, with concentrations in Media Advertising, Media Management, Industry and Policy, or Sports Media
- Creative Writing
Sample careers for interior design majors: Amusement and theme park designer, product designer for development and marketing, hotel and resort design.
For those who want to pursue civics, law, + policy:
- Political Science
- Criminal Justice
- Political and Civic Engagement (PACE) certificate
For those with a business sensibility:
- Apparel Merchandising
- Liberal Arts Management Program
- Psychology of Business certificate
Criminal justice students go on to work in law enforcement and justice in positions such as fraud investigators, counterterrorism experts, crime analysts, or blood spatter technicians. Specialists in computer forensics and cybersecurity will find that these are growing fields for combating transnational crime.