One thing is certain, if anyone can thrive during a time of disruption, it’s our graduates. That’s because a liberal arts education builds skills that stand the test of time. During your time in the College, you’ve learned how to Question Critically, Think Logically, Communicate Clearly, Act Creatively, and Live Ethically. These are the superpowers you’ll use to succeed in our ever-evolving world, to tackle whatever life throws your way, through every age, stage, change, and challenge. Today we celebrate your achievements, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish in the tomorrows to come. Congratulations!
A message from Executive Dean Rick Van Kooten
Our heraldic banner
Traditionally on Commencement day, College of Arts and Sciences graduates march behind the heraldic banner, which honors Indiana University’s 200-year-old liberal arts tradition.
Take a trip down memory lane
Our limestone buildings, expansive green spaces, and peaceful pathways make our storybook campus one of the most beautiful in the country. Browse through our photo gallery to remember all of the amazing memories you created here.
IU Commencement 2020
Indiana University is proud of your accomplishments and, though we cannot gather in person, we can join together online to share this moment. Visit the IU Commencement 2020 website to find your name, hear messages from IU leaders, and listen to the IU commencement playlist.
You are moving forward with an important success story already in hand—knowing you have the discipline, creativity, and resilience it takes to meet whatever surprises and challenges come your way.Rick Van Kooten, executive dean of the IU College of Arts + Sciences
A Graduation Story
Filmmakers and IU College of Arts and Sciences alumni Andrew Lee and Ryan Newman captured one graduating senior’s final week at IU. The short film features an original song, "Eyes Alive Like Stars," written by Kenny Childers (also a College alumnus) and performed by Madeleine Jurkiewicz of Lily & Madeleine.
- Check to see if your department publishes a newsletter to keep alumni informed of departmental events and accomplishments.
- Network at an IU College of Arts and Sciences alumni event.
- Join and use the IU Alumni Association.
- Let us know where your career path takes you. We would be happy to interview you for an alumni profile.
- Serve as a resource for students considering a career similar to yours.
- Consider whether your place of employment can provide an internship or a job opportunity for one of our students.
- Contact the Walter Center for Career Achievement to find resources as you navigate your career path.