Barry Goldwater Scholarship & Excellence in Education Program
We are not currently accepting applications for this scholarship. We will accept applications again in the fall semester of 2016.
This prestigious scholarship program supports undergraduate students who are planning research careers in the natural sciences, engineering, and math.
Each year, the College accepts applications and then selects nominees for the national Goldwater Scholarship.Learn more about the Goldwater Scholarship
Up to $7,500 per year toward the costs of attending college, including tuition, fees, books, and room and board.
Current juniors are eligible for one year of support. Current sophomores are eligible for two years of support.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a current sophomore or junior
- Be planning a career in the natural sciences (astronomy, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology, or physics), mathematics, cognitive science, or neuroscience
- Be a U.S. citizen, resident alien, or U.S. national
Successful nominees have had College of Arts and Sciences GPAs of 3.900 or higher.
Application process and materials
The Goldwater Foundation accepts applications only through participating universities via designated nominating officials. Students must register with the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs to pick up application materials. Please call 812-855-8245 to arrange an appointment.
The Goldwater Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications and forward successful nominations to the Goldwater Foundation, which will select the scholarship recipients.
IU internal deadline
We accept applications in the fall.
- Kelly Compton, director of academic programs administration and scholarships, 812-855-8245, email@example.com
- Erin McDaniel, administrative secretary, 812-855-8245, firstname.lastname@example.org