Cindy Simon Skjodt Study Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship supports current, full-time College of Arts and Sciences undergraduates who participate in IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study programs.
The overseas study program can be for a summer, a semester, or an academic year.
Award amounts vary.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be pursuing a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Be officially enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at the time you apply
- Have a minimum College of Arts and Sciences GPA of 3.300 at the time you apply
- Have been accepted to participate in an IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study program
Preference is given to students who are majoring in telecommunications.
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Application form
- Resume (maximum two pages)
- Two letters of recommendation from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members, including at least one faculty member in your area of concentration
- Personal statement of 400 to 500 words (see the scholarship information document when you download the application materials)
Materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Application materials must be submitted by: 5:00 pm on Friday, November 30, 2018.
About the donors
Cynthia Simon Skjodt, B.A. 1980, and her husband, Paul Skjodt, established this scholarship to provide College students the opportunity to have a life-changing experience like their daughter had when she studied in Spain while attending IU.
- Kelly Compton, director of scholarships, 812-856-4414, firstname.lastname@example.org