James D. Fielding Family Study Abroad Scholarship
We are not currently accepting applications for this scholarship. We will post the application materials again in the spring semester of 2017.
This scholarship supports current, full-time undergraduates in the School of Global and International Studies who participate in IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study experiences.
The overseas study program can be for a summer, a semester, or an academic year.
Award amounts vary.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be officially enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (minimum 12 credit hours) with a major in the School of Global and International Studies at the time you apply
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.000 at the time you apply
- Have been accepted to participate in an IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study program
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Application form
- Personal statement of 400 to 500 words (see application for details)
- Two letters of recommendation from IU faculty members, including at least one from a School of Global and International Studies faculty member
Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “James Fielding Scholarship.”
Application materials are posted here in the spring.
We accept applications in the spring.
About the donors
This scholarship was established through the generosity of IU alumnus James D. Fielding and his family. Jim studied political science in the College of Arts and Sciences. His study abroad experience in Copenhagen, Denmark, profoundly influenced him. He notes that the experience has had a significant impact on his ability to work for global companies and to successfully engage in a great deal of international business.
Jim’s career has largely been focused on retail, and has included positions as president of Disney Stores Worldwide and CEO of Claire’s Stores. He is currently global head of consumer products and retail for a subsidiary of DreamWorks in Los Angeles.
Olga Kalentzidou, director of academic initiatives and experiential learning in the School of Global and International Studies, email@example.com