James Hertling Scholarship
One or more recipients will receive an award that is to be applied to the cost of attendance at IU Bloomington.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an adult returning student pursuing a Bachelor of Liberal Studies
- Have a current minimum College of Arts and Sciences GPA of 3.300
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours at IU Bloomington each semester the scholarship is awarded
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Application form
- Two letters of recommendation from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members, including at least one faculty member in your area of concentration
- Personal statement of 400 to 500 words (see the scholarship information document when you download the application materials)
Materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application materials must be submitted by: 5:00 pm on Friday, February 22, 2019
About the donors
This scholarship honors the late James Hertling, B.S. Education 1959, M.S. Education 1961, Ed.D. 1969. Upon his retirement from the former Bloomington Division of Continuing Studies, multiple donors created this award to recognize his commitment to adult students and his long record of service to Indiana University.
Kelly Compton, director of scholarships, 812-856-4414, email@example.com