John P. & Linda A. Beeson Scholarship
This award is available to incoming and enrolled B.L.S. students.
One or more recipients will receive a $500 award that is to be applied to the cost of attendance at IU Bloomington.
Each recipient must write a letter of thanks to the donors.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Begin the Bachelor of Liberal Studies program in the upcoming fall semester or currently be pursuing a B.L.S. at IU Bloomington
- Have completed an associate degree from any campus of Ivy Tech Community College with a minimum GPA of 3.500 by the scholarship application deadline
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours at IU Bloomington each semester the scholarship is awarded
- Be an Indiana resident
IU employees and their relatives are not eligible for this scholarship.
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Application form
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members in your intended area of concentration
- Personal statement of 400 to 500 words (see the scholarship information document when you download the application materials)
Materials can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs in Owen Hall.Download the application materials
We are accepting applications until September 1, 2016.
About the donors
John and Linda Beeson established this scholarship to assist students who are transferring from Ivy Tech in their pursuit of a bachelor’s degree. John served for many years as executive director of external relations for the former IU School of Continuing Studies, and Linda worked in the IU School of Medicine for 25 years. The Beesons met when they worked at Ivy Tech, and they are strong advocates for occupational and vocational education.
- Office of Recruiting, 812-855-1959, email@example.com
- Erin McDaniel, administrative secretary, 812-855-8245, firstname.lastname@example.org