Sally Kissinger Wilt Merit Scholarship
One or more recipients will receive a $500 award that is to be applied to the cost of attendance for the sophomore year at IU Bloomington.
The award may be renewed annually for up to three years (six semesters) while the student is progressing normally toward a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU Bloomington or in an IU-administered or IU-co-sponsored overseas study program. Renewal of the award is subject to the availability of funds and the student meeting the renewal criteria.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a current full-time freshman who was directly admitted to the College
- Be enrolled full time during the entire freshman year
- Have high academic merit, including a minimum College of Arts and Sciences GPA of 3.700, which must be maintained for the duration of the award
- Maintain full-time enrollment in the College of Arts and Sciences or in an IU-administered or IU-co-sponsored overseas study program for the duration of the award
- Have a current FAFSA on file to verify financial need
Preference is given to students from single-parent families and to students with financial need.
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
Application materials are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2019.
About the donor
This scholarship was funded through a bequest from the late Sally Kissinger Wilt, B.A. English 1958.
In establishing the scholarship, Sally acknowledged the excellent education she received as a recipient of several IU scholarships; the teaching and encouragement of IU faculty members Grace Young and Ray Heffner; and the support, encouragement, and love of education of her parents, John and Kathryn Kissinger.
- Kelly Compton, director of scholarships, 812-856-4414, firstname.lastname@example.org