Senior Scholarship Competition
We are not currently accepting applications for this scholarship. We will post the application materials again in the spring semester of 2017.
Current, full-time, third-year students can apply for a variety of merit-based College of Arts and Sciences scholarships for their senior year.
Award amounts vary.
Each recipient must write a letter of thanks to the donor.
Eligibility criteria for the individual awards vary, but all awards require that you must:
- Be pursuing a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Have current full-time status at IU Bloomington or in an IU-administered or IU-co-sponsored overseas study program
- Be eligible to graduate at the end of the next year’s spring or summer term
- Enroll as a full-time student for both semesters of the next academic year at IU Bloomington or in an IU-administered or IU-co-sponsored overseas study program
- Have high academic merit, including a minimum College of Arts and Sciences GPA of 3.700
Some awards are solely for high-achieving students who have financial need.
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members
Materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials are posted here in the spring. When you download the forms, please read the scholarship information document before you begin the application process.
We accept applications in the spring.
About the donors
These scholarships are funded through the generosity of numerous donors who make annual contributions specifically for the support of undergraduate students.
- Kelly Compton, director of academic programs administration and scholarships, 812-855-8245, email@example.com
- Erin McDaniel, administrative secretary, 812-855-8245, firstname.lastname@example.org