- What kind of scholarships does the College offer?
The College offers more than 350 scholarships and awards.
- How will I know if I’m eligible for the Selective Scholarship Application?
If you are eligible for the SSA, you will receive an SSA invitation email from the Office of Scholarships no later than 10 days after receiving your Admissions Packet in the mail. For students living internationally, you will receive notification no later than 10 days after your admissions email notification.
- When do I have to submit the SSA?
The deadline to submit the SSA and be considered for College scholarships is February 1. We encourage you to check back in closer to time to stay up to date on any changes or extensions.
- How much money is awarded through the College scholarships?
Typically, these awards range from $1,000 - $5,000.
- Are there scholarships available for current IU students?
Yes, the College offers several scholarships for continuing students.
- Can I receive a College scholarship in addition to other scholarships (e.g., IU’s Office of Scholarships, Hudson and Holland, Hutton Honors, Wells, etc.)?
Yes, all awards are stackable. You will not have to choose one scholarship award over another.
- How will I know if I am awarded a College scholarship?
Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will receive an email notifying them of the award. The College is not able send out emails to applicants who are not awarded scholarships. The SSA is shared over multiple offices and programs that award scholarships. Even if you don’t receive an award from the College, you can still be considered for scholarships through other offices. With the intent of maintaining clear communication, the College will only send out award notification emails.
- I've been awarded a scholarship from the College. What criteria do I need to meet in order to renew my scholarship each year?
For every scholarship in the College, recipients must meet the following three requirements:
- maintain full-time enrollment on the Bloomington campus or in an IU-administered or IU-co-sponsored overseas study program each fall and spring semester
- maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the Indiana University Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct
Some scholarships have additional requirements including major, financial need, intended career path, and residency. If you have a question regarding the specific requirements for your scholarship, please email email@example.com.
- If I have questions about College scholarships, who should I contact?
The College has an inbox dedicated to scholarship questions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens to my College scholarship if I take a leave of absence?
The College follows the policy of the Office of Enrollment Management for accommodating a leave of absence. This policy states that while continuous full-time enrollment at Indiana University Bloomington is encouraged, recipients who have already enrolled may take time away for up to two consecutive standard academic semesters (Fall/Spring) and maintain scholarship eligibility at the time of their return. To pursue this option, you must meet all renewal requirements and may not enroll full-time (12 or more credit hours) at any other institution, including other Indiana University campuses, during your time away. Please fill out the Scholarship Eligibility Hold form in order to notify the College of your leave of absence.
- What happens to my scholarship if I defer my enrollment?
The College follows the policy of the Office of Enrollment Management for scholarship eligibility in regards to deferred enrollment. This policy states that students admitted to Indiana University Bloomington may defer enrollment for up to one year. If a student completes the deferral process by the deadline, eligibility for College scholarships will carry forward. Once you complete the Defer Your Entry form and enroll in full-time coursework for the new enrollment semester, your original scholarship offer should appear on your account within 2-3 weeks. Please fill out the Scholarship Eligibility Hold form in order to notify the College of your deferred enrollment.
- Who do I contact for help with my applications?
Contact IU’s Office of Scholarships.