IU College of Arts and Sciences Office of Communications and Marketing
The College of Arts and Sciences is searching for a student social media specialist to support and grow the College’s social media presence.
We are looking for a multi-media storyteller to help our social media team promote the value of the College to prospective and current students by telling stories about the student experience, academic programs, research, and a wide variety of opportunities and events. We seek to create content that reflects the College’s many diverse communities and supports our goal to create a culture that welcomes and values all students, faculty, and staff.
The social media specialist will contribute to the:
- creation of social media strategy
- development of relevant marketing campaigns featuring high-quality content
- management of the College’s existing accounts (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
Applicants must have exceptional communication skills, a creative spirit, and an enthusiasm for sharing the College’s story with our prospective and current students.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with social media
- Must be available to work at least 10 hours per week
- Must be able to write, edit, and revise content with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to create and edit quality video content
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and willingness to take initiative
It is preferable for applicants to own a smartphone and laptop. Work hours are flexible within a regular weekly schedule. The ability to attend and cover some College-related evening and/or weekend events would be appreciated.
We prefer that candidates also have:
- Experience with graphic design; ability to work in one or more of the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, InDesign Photography skills
- Ability to work at least one entire academic year.
Note: Students can apply to earn internship credit while working in this position. Please send your cover letter and resume to the College’s Communications and Marketing social media team: firstname.lastname@example.org.