Anderson Overseas Study Scholarship
We are not currently accepting applications for this scholarship. We will post the application materials again in the spring semester of 2017.
This scholarship supports current, full-time undergraduates in the School of Global and International Studies who participate in IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study experiences.
The overseas study program can be for a summer, a semester, or an academic year.
Award amounts vary.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be officially enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (minimum 12 credit hours) with a major in the School of Global and International Studies at the time you apply
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.000 at the time you apply
- Have been accepted to participate in an IU-approved, credit-bearing overseas study program
Application process and materials
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Application form
- Personal statement (see application for details)
- Two letters of recommendation, including at least one from a School of Global and International Studies faculty member
Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Anderson Scholarship.”
Application materials are posted here in the spring.
We accept applications in the spring.
About the donor
This scholarship was established through the generosity of IU alumnus Harold Anderson. Harold studied history in the College of Arts and Sciences. He also joined Sigma Pi Fraternity and played on the IU basketball team in 1925–26. Harold taught history and coached basketball in the Madison County area, and later returned to IU and graduated from the IU Maurer School of Law. He was a distinguished lawyer for many years in Anderson, Indiana.
Olga Kalentzidou, director of academic initiatives and experiential learning in the School of Global and International Studies, email@example.com